MONASTERO INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH CENTRE IN CONFLICT AND MEDIATION
Born in August 2002 "Il Monastero" is a non-profit organisation based in Italy, our expertise and experience on the field so far achieved us a good number of experts and scholars in the field of International Co-operation and Security, ranging from academics to humanitarian operators basing our research on textbook and first hand information.
WHAT SERVICES DO WE OFFER:
We operate as consultants and brokers for enterprises and societies who wish to invest in the developing world, carrying out country assessment, providing translation and interpreters if needed, and under specific request of the donor we can also create a project and submit it to major international donors, provided that we have access to the exact budgetary figures, references and final income expected from such investment.
Of course we will not support any company which will not comply with local and international labour and environment laws, therefore we ask to be provided with evidence that such investments will actually aid local development and respect the local cultures.
We offer NGOs a unique service of brokering, seeking partnerships with fellow organisations from the developing world to implement joint programmes and exchange, we can also manage meetings, training and consultancy should it be requested by either party.
Should governments or governmental bodies need project evaluations, regional or country reports our research team is highly specialised in most areas of the world either from academic studies, personal experience or from direct contacts in the area of interest.
We are seeking for a partnership with fellow European organisation to establish a democracy and media monitoring centre for the European Union and its adjacent countries.
Out team of experts and consultants are all young professionals who combine their faith in making a difference for the better in this world together with their academic qualifications and skills achieved working on the field.
We can count on a team of 52 members in Italy only, yet "Il Monastero" can count on branches, consultants and fellow organisations throughout the European Union, Eastern Europe, former USSR, North America and Africa and currently seeking partners in Asia, Latin America and Oceania.
Our projects so far:
- Decentralised Co-operation on environmental co-operation combined with a campaign on gender, racial and religious issues in the Republic of Tatarstan with the co-operation of Sicily and Wales.
- Arts and Literature, promotion of young talents in the Czech Republic.
- Advocating Children's Rights and fundraising for various projects in Uganda aiming towards the disarmament of child-soldiers and reintegration in society, as well as microfinancial programmes for families in difficulty.
- Call for a peace conference in Rome, with the co-operation of civil societies and embassies from Uganda, RDC, Rwanda, Burundi and Tanzania, with obsevers from Kenya and Sudan.
- NGO Brokering and democratisation in Serbia
- Academic co-operation and vocational training for human rights operators in Croatia.
- Vocational training for immigration and refugee operators in Southern Italy.
- Anti-drug campaign in Italy through exhibitions, concerts and shows.
- Evaluation of the UN proposal for the establishment of a a civil peacekeeping corp, otherwise known as "White Helmets"
- Privatisation of Peacekeeping, ethical and economic assessment.
- Call for proposals in the Caucasus and Central Asia
- Call for proposals in Former USSR
- Call for proposals in the South East Asia and Pacific
- Call for proposals in Central and South America
- Call for proposals in Central and Eastern Africa.
Our members and consultants are recognised experts from OSCE, ODIHR, UN, EU Commission, EuropeAid, and various Foreign Ministries within the EU and abroad.
Our fields of expertise are:
- Election Monitoring
- Human Rights Monitoring
- Decentralised Co-operation
- interregional co-operation
- EU and UN project funding
- Microcredit operations
WAR and PEACE
- Conflict Prevention
- Conflict Management
- Peace Enforcement
- Peace Psychology
- Post-War reconstruction
- small and heavy arms dealing
- Alternative Energy as a mean of sustainable development
- environmental physics and biology
- General medical expertise
- First Aid
- Vocational and Professional Training in the areas of management, politics, non-profit, handcraft, capacity building
- NGO Brokering and Consultancy
- NGO Government Relations
- Civil-Military relations and Co-operation
- Social exclusion
- Gender Issues
- Children's Rights
- Ethnicity and minority issues
- interreligious relations
- Media and Freedom of Speech
- Human Rights
ARTS and HUMANITIES
- Event Management
- Exhibitions and shows
- charity events organisation
- tourism development
- art, music and literature promotion.
- International Relations
- Sustainable Development
* As we also offer services of translation and interpreting.